Policy for the Promotion of Ethical Conduct
As a not-for-profit organization, Fontebella’s policy is to uphold the highest legal, ethical and moral standards. We believe our donors and volunteers support us because they believe in our ministry and because they trust us to be good stewards of their resources. By accepting the support of our volunteers and voluntary giving of our donors we will manage these resources in a responsible manner in an effort to maximize our ability to advance the mission of Fontebella.
Fontebella’s mission can only be realized through a common code of ethics upheld by our Board of Directors and our staff.
- We expect everyone involved in Fontebella to demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and trustworthiness in all of our activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in our work; courage in our decisions; and dedication to Fontebella’s values and beliefs.
- We expect responsible action on behalf of the organization and share information when appropriate without compromising confidential information about our guests. We respect and protect confidential information which we are given in the course of our duties. All staff, whether paid or volunteers, will be required to sign a “confidentiality agreement” as a condition of their employment or service with Fontebella.
- We expect to be treated and to treat others with respect. We respect the opinions of and the differences among individuals and support and protect diversity recognizing that diversity is healthy and offers different points of view.
- We expect fairness to be evident in our actions internally and externally. We are equitable in our decisions and mindful of their impact on other groups and people.
- We expect our actions to demonstrate our care for others and the community as a whole. We support each other in a humane manner. We care about the well-being of each other, the community and Fontebella.
- We enforce a conflict-of-interest policy to ensure that any potential conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof are avoided or appropriately managed through disclosure and review.
- We will be open and candid about our activities and operations in an effort to be a transparent organization.
- We will respect the privacy of our donors and safeguard the confidentiality of their information and respect the wishes of donors that may prefer to remain anonymous. This includes not releasing names, addresses or amounts of their gifts, unless permitted by the donor required by law.
- We will maintain accurate financial records and report results in an accurate and timely manner. We will use the resources of Fontebella only for the necessary performance of our duties.
- We will promote voluntary, unpressured giving and honor the known intentions of a donor regarding any specific use of donated funds.